Sunday, May 13, 2012

Acoustic Guitar Tuner - How Can I Tune My Acoustic Guitar Fast And Easy?

When I was learning the guitar, I haven't heard about Acoustic Guitar Tuner then. I was in second year high school when I first tried to play the guitar. No guitar teacher, No mentor, whatsoever. With  a little help of a music magazine and chords illustration on it, I learn to play the guitar by myself.

Acoustic Guitar Tuner
Guitar tuning was one of my biggest problems. My neighbor knows to tune the guitar but I'm just too shy to ask him a favor. So I just figured it out by myself. I was frustrated and about to give up until one day I found a guide on acoustic guitar tuning.

But even if I have the guide, still it is a very time wasting and painful process since no one is telling me if I'm doing it the right way. 

To cut the story short, I learn how to tune the guitar by ear but too much time was wasted. If only I knew about guitar tuners back then, my progress could have been on the fast track in just few months. I learn it the hard way and it doesn't mean that you will also learn that way. 

Good for you, it's much easier to learn anything these days because of the internet. 

Generally, there are two ways of tuning an acoustic guitar, one is tuning by ear and the other is using an electronic acoustic guitar tuner. Tuning by ear includes methods such as, Harmonics, Pitch Pipes, 5th Fret Method, Tuning Using a Keyboard or Piano. Good hearing skill is essential in order to use these methods. If you are a complete beginner, tuning by ear might be a problem. 

Focus On Playing Instead Of Tuning

Please don't get me wrong, tuning your guitar is very important. Every time you pick up that guitar, first you should tune it properly before start playing. You'll just get discourage if you keep on playing and your guitar is completely out of tune. 

Now you might ask why focus on playing when tuning is also a very important skills to learn. This is really getting a little bit confusing right?

But here's a simple explanation. If you are a complete beginner, don't dwell too much time on tuning your guitar. Yes! It is very important that you tune your guitar first but do it as quickly as possible so you can have more time to practice. 

The more you practice, the more you develop your hearing ability. The more you play the guitar, the easier for you to learn how to tune by ear.

So How Can I Tune My Acoustic Guitar Fast And Easy?

Your best bet is to use an electronic acoustic guitar tuner.

One really good electronic guitar tuner that I can recommend is Korg AW-2G. It comes with a clip that's optimized for attaching to a guitar headstock. It’s a cable free tuner with double ball-joint allows multi-angle positioning. 

Korg guitar tuners are well known to musician as very accurate tuners. It is one of the most trusted brands when it comes to acoustic guitar tuning.

Other Good Electronic Guitar Tuners:
If you want to receive more acoustic guitar tips and tricks or rock updates straight to your inbox, then subscribe to our list below. Just enter your Name and Email address and click "Subscribe".


* indicates required


Now if you don't want to spend money yet on a guitar tuner then you can opt for an online guitar tuner. Jamplay guitar tuner is one of the best out there. It's fairly accurate and it's a free Online Acoustic guitar tuner.  






Photo thanks to mhx under a creative commons license.

0 comments:

Post a Comment